Listen to the “Fulshear Spotlight” Radio Podcast about this years’ Independence Day Events
Round up your family posse’ and help catch “Curly McGee” in this year’s “Frontier Days” themed event.
Will this be Fulshear’s last July 4th celebration? Not if the Fulshear Chamber of Commerce and the City of Fulshear have anything to do with it.
What’s this all about? well, as the story goes, Fulshear’s newly named mythical outlaw “Curly McGee” has threatened to shut down Fulshear’s Fourth of July celebration. This year, Fulshear’s “Little Deputies” will have their chance to help catch the newly notorious outlaw in a full blown wild west shootout in Downtown Fulshear. Of course, it’s all in fun so you’ll want to bring your cameras for a great photo op.
Fun for the whole family!
Fulshear’s famous parade is sure to delight your family as it celebrates the best of Fulshear with its old-fashioned community-themed participants. The Grand Marshall for this years’ parade will be K-9 Belle. She’s the famous K-9 officer that all of Fulshear has grown to love.
This year there are forty entries – a new record for Fulshear. So come and grab your spot along the route. There will be all of the home-town floats, fire trucks, local officials and other parade-related excitement.
Plenty for your family to enjoy.
- Pie eating contest
- Quick-Draw demonstration
- Wild West Shootout
- Big Parade
- Vendor Booths
- Carnival Games
- Food Booths
- Children’s Fun Area
What is the order of events?
- 6:00 pm: The event kicks off at 6:00 pm. You’ll have plenty of time to mill around and meet some new friends. Come early for the best parking and plan to stay late!
- 6:30 pm: Mayor Kuykendall will open the festivities. Following the National Anthem, visitors will enjoy:
- A Pie Eating Contest
- A Fast-Draw Demonstration
- Swearing in of the “Little Deputies” to help catch Curly McGee
- A traditional “Wild-West” show – will your kid be the one that helps catch Fulshear’s new bad-guy?
- 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Enjoy the musical musings of tribute artists “The Highwaymen” as they perform classic country favorites honoring Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Johnny Cash.
- 9:15: FIREWORKS SHOW!
- 9:30 Event ends – let’s hope they’ve caught ol’ Curly or it’s gonna be a long time before Fulshear’s next Fourth of July!
Please join us in a big Fulshear “Thank You” to the sponsors.
- The “Title” sponsor for this years’ Fourth of July event is Houston Methodist West Hospital (round of applause, please).
- The stage sponsors are Legacy Ford, Keller Williams Premier Realtors, Independence Title, and NewFirst National Bank. (thank you all for your support).
- The First Aid Station will be provided by First Choice Emergency Room.
Come on out and enjoy “America’s Birthday” in Fulshear’s unique brand of home-town style!