Hearty Oven Beef Stew
Oven Beef Stew Preheat oven to 325°
- 2 medium onions; large chunks
- 3 stalks of celery; sliced diagonally
- 4 carrots; sliced diagonally
- Large bottle of tomato juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2-3 medium red potatoes
- In a large casserole pot (5 quart or larger) combine tomato juice, all the spices and whisk in about 2 T. of cornstarch. This will make a velvet thick sauce.
- Add the meat, onion, celery and carrots.
- Cover and cook in oven for 2 hours, stir occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and cook another 1-1 ½ hours.
- *This is a good time to add some frozen corn and peas as well! Stir occasionally.